Petclub.com brings together both pet owners and sitters to help easily and affordably find care for all kinds of pets while owners are away on holiday, at work, out for dinner, partying until sunrise or anything else that involves leaving pets alone.
Pet owners benefit from easy and short notice access to local people wanting to take care of pets, helping to give them more freedom in their social life whilst giving the pet personal, one to one care that previously might not have been accessible or affordable.
Pet sitters have the chance to experience and enjoy a pet for a short period of time without the full responsibility of owning one.
As the relationship is mutually beneficial, pet sitters wanting to look after a pet and pet owners needing pet care, the cost of care is extremely low and potentially free; especially compared to other pet care options such as kennels and pet minders.
How it works:
- Register for free and connect with pet lovers who are eager to take care of your pet.
- Create a profile page for you and your pet
- Build your Pet Network and follow likeminded pet lovers. Their status updates will appear in your newsfeed and vice versa.
- Post a Sitting Request Listing when your pet requires care, for walks or overnight, even at short notice
- Wait for sitters to respond to your listing - you will receive a notification in your Sitting Requests Inbox where you can then enter instant chat with the sitter to potentially arrange to meet before the sit.
- Once you are happy with a sitter select 'Commit to Care' to bring up the sitting agreement where you can legally stipulate the terms of care, cost and send to the sitter to sign electronically with a tick box.
- Alternatively you can search for pet sitters in your area using the post code search tool. You can then send them a Sitting Request to initiate contact. Once you are happy with them, only you the pet owner have the ability to Commit to Care and initiate the sitting agreement.
- Join and start Groups for the animals you love
- Use the Forums to help resolve pet issues
- Rank and recommend your pet sitter
- Register for free and connect with pet owners in your area and experience and enjoy a pet for a short period of time without the full responsibility of owning one.
- Create a pet sitter profile to show your sitting experience and build recommendations from the previous sitting arrangements organised through petclub.com
- Create a pet sitter listing when you are available to sit a pet and let pet owners contact you. You will receive a notification in your Sitting Request Inbox when someone responds and you can then enter instant chat.
- Meet up prior to the pet sit to make sure you are a good fit for one another.
- The pet owner can confirm the sit by selecting Commit to Care to initiate the online agreement. You will receive the signed agreement where you enter the full address of the sit, make sure you agree to the Terms and Conditions and payment amount, and then tick the box to electronically sign the agreement. The pet owner will get notified and the pet sit goes ahead as planned
- Alternatively you can search for specific pets and breeds using the Search bar and send Sitting Requests to the owner.
- Build a Pet Network by following other members and their pets - their status updates will appear on your newsfeed.
- Join and create groups
- Involve yourself with the RSPCA, sponsor or foster a pet of your own
Enjoy your new pet community!